Teaching children multiculturalism and pluralism has important social consequences and helps foster compassion and understanding of their fellow person. Although teaching the secular point of view has traditionally been neglected when teaching about society/faith traditions, such study can be very enriching and foster creative and critical thinking in students.
I encourage you to explore our site, especially the kids page. Our interest is in creating kid questioners. It’s hard to think of a more noble task, regardless of your worldview.
Bark Lord of the Sith
- Does Your Child (age 4-8) have a Philosophical Question? Ask Scott Hershovitz, a professor at the University of Michigan. Submit your kid’s philosophy question through the link below: https://www.theguardian.com/books/2022/apr/11/does-your-child-have-a-question-to-ask-a-philosopher?CMP=share_btn_tw Scott’s new upcoming book is An extract from Nasty Brutish and Short: Adventures in Philosophy […]
- Great Resource for Parents/Guardians/Teacher: Philosophy For Kids Sitehttps://www.philosophy-foundation.org/philosophy-for-children
- Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF) Parent Alert (Plus Ed’s Guitar Solo)This important short piece explains how certain questionable religious groups try to convert vulnerable children in a sneaky way. From the article: Child Evangelism Fellowship […]
- How is Secular Web Kids different from parents immersing their children in the bible?Our interest is in fostering critical and creative thinkers. We feel that the probable result of this will be secular kids. Still, if the end […]
- Article on The Question Of Teaching Respectful Citizenship In Schools (In The Face Of Objections, Such As Religious Ones)This article examines the question of schools teaching students to be respectful citizens with a view to universal human rights. From the article: “Teaching tolerance […]
- Parents/Guardians ResourcesDear Parents/Guardians, For parents, one great resource for this is Emeritus Philosophy professor Dr. Tom Wartenberg who posted 2 excellent Youtube videos about he and […]