As long as there have been humans, there have been those who believe with all their hearts that their imaginary friends are more important than their actual friends. Who is the real imaginary friend the comic is poking fun at?
Month: November 2022
Is Religion A Drug?
Thinker Karl Mark said religion was constructed by people to calm uncertainty over their role in the universe and in society. His most well known statement on religion is
- Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people
Can you become addicted to things other than drugs or alcohol, like TV and Food?
Pop Quiz: A Religious Apologist Part 2
One big problem for apologists is the question of how there can be an all powerful, all loving God who at the same time allows horrible suffering like childhood cancer? Apologist Ray Comfort explains it this way:
- Why does God allow suffering? The short answer is because the Bible is true. We sinned against God, and thus all of creation has fallen under a curse.
Does this seem to be a good answer as to why there are children dying of cancer, or would a better answer be there is no God watching over things so of course random sufferings will pop up all over the place?
If God is like this …
If God is like this, what does it tell you about God? About us?
Pop Quiz: A Religious Apologist
A religious apologist is someone who tries to defend their faith with logic and reason. Here is apologist Dr. Frank Turek trying to explain his kind of Christianity:
- Jesus is the only way. An infinitely just God cannot allow unjust people like you and me to go unpunished. He punishes himself in our place. He’s the ransom. He has to judge sinners, just like a judge in a courtroom. He has to punish people that have broken the law.
Here are some questions to think about Turek’s ideas:
(1) How do you think others may feel if you tell them Jesus is the only way?
(2) What does “infinitely just” mean?
(3) Is there another way to address bad behavior instead of punishing?
(4) Does it make sense to say “justice is served” if a murderer goes free and you are punished instead?
(5) Does it make sense to say God has to punish those who have broken the law, but also doesn’t have to punish them?
(6) How is Jesus a ransom? Who is being held hostage that a payment must be paid for? Who is holding them hostage?
Does the God of the Old Testament always punish sin, or usually forgive?
Make A Funny Logo For Your Worldview
For example, someone took the Intel Inside logo and made a spoof of it with this:
Have you ever wondered why psychics don’t win the lottery, or why there isn’t a faith healer prayer team employed by every hospital?
Joking A Bible Story – Part 2: Moses Parts The Water
Could We Make Better Use Of Churches?
How could churches be made more caring places?
Joking A Bible Story – Part 1: Noah and the Flood
Can you come up with a Noah joke, maybe about the Ark?