SCAMPER is an activity-based thinking process that can be performed by Cooperative Learning. Here the teacher assists the students in choosing a particular topic and helps them to develop it through a structured process. After choosing an idea, the students are given a tale where they perform the activity in steps corresponding to the letters in the name.
- Substitute comes up with another topic that is equivalent to the present topics.
- Combine adds information to the original topic.
- Adjust identifies ways to construct the topic in a more flexible and adjusted material.
- Modify, magnify, minify creatively changes the topic or makes a feature/idea bigger or smaller.
- Put to other uses identifies the possible scenarios and situations where this topic can be used.
- Eliminate removes ideas or elements from the topic that are not valuable.
- Reverse, rearrange evolves a new concept from the original concept.
Hence, SCAMPER as a teaching strategy helps the students to analyze the knowledge in its creative form and helps the teacher to make teaching creative and interesting.